Product Design & Testing
Ducab’s products are designed and manufactured to the highest national and international standards.Our team of specialists can also design and customize cables to suit specific client requirements. To ensure the quality of our cables, our qualified engineers use the latest technology and equipment to test and monitor the entire production process from start to finish.
In today’s Market, no product can expect to sell effectively if it is not rooted in sound design engineering. At Ducab, this means ensuring that all technical staff are always up-to-date with the latest changes and developments within the industry. Using advanced design technology, that calculates the current rating of cables, we are able to provide our customers with design recommendations that are practical yet safe.
Ducab’s technical department is committed to expanding our product range through innovative product development initiatives. At Ducab we provide FREE technical and design consultancy services in the following areas;
- Product Design
- Cable Selection
- Fault Finding and trouble shooting
Using the latest technology equipment we carry out a full range of Routine Sample and Type Tests as per BS, IEC and other national and international standards.
Test equipments at Ducab are verified by BASEC, a UKAS accredited third party certification body. Our testing facilities and equipment includes;
- 8 test laboratories between 3 manufacturing sites
- HV test facility up to 350 kV
- Partial discharge test system with screened room facility
- Dielectric loss angle measurement
- Fully Equipped Fire, Smoke and Halogen emission test facilities
- LF and HF test systems for instrumentation and pilot cables
- Fully Equipped materials test laboratories